Skyward Sword Glitches - Wrong Warp
- When in the area that you wish to Wrong Warp at, Save at the nearest Bird Statue and Continue.
- Then, do the Back in Time glitch.
- While in Back in Time Skyloft during the Title Screen sequence, go to any of the Bird Statues in Skyloft. (The bottommost Bird Statue, the one that's past the end of the Waterfall Cave, is never really used. It can be used, but due to its low-elevated location, it doesn't work that great.)
- Face away from the Bird Statue and move the dashed lines that surround the save file selected to the file that you did the Back in Time glitch on, so that your Back in Time save file is selected.
- Press A in front of the Bird Statue while facing it and with your Back in Time save file selected to open up its options and to open the save file that you did the Back in Time glitch on at the same time.
- With the File Select Screen AND the Bird Statues 4 options (Save, Save and Quit, Return to the Sky, Cancel) open at the same time, you should see the 4 Bird Statue options BEHIND the File Select Screen's options. With this, move the analog stick on the Nunchuck to the right once. This should highlight the "Start" option on the File Select Screen AND the "Save" option on the Bird Statue at the same time.
- With both options highlighted, press A to choose both options at the same time.
Once you've pressed A to start the Back in Time save file AND to Save in Back in Time Skyloft using the Bird Statue, your save file should start to load. While at the black loading screen, the message that comes up on the screen after you've saved the game should appear saying "Saved." Now your Back in Time save file should finish loading. You will now be in the area that you did the Back in Time glitch in, but in a completely different area on the map. There are a few different things that will happen depending on where you saved at on before doing the Back in Time glitch and which Bird Statue you used to Save at while on the Title Screen in Back in Time Skyloft.
- In most circumstances: You fall into an empty void and respawn where you started to fall at. This repeats forever, causing you to restart.
- You may end up out of bounds in the area that you did the Back in Time glitch in, but in a different part of the map.
- You may end up landing in an area that is part of the normal ground (not out of bounds or a void) that is in a different part of the map. You end up at a farther point along the trail or, in some cases, in a completely different room.
- When done in certain dungeons, you will end up in a room that is fully loaded, partially loaded, or completely unloaded - out of bounds in a room that can normally be reached.
By Saving in Back in Time Skyloft while starting your Back in Time save file, you Save on your Back in Time save file. This overwrites the X, Y, and Z coordinates of the Bird Statue that you used to Save at before doing the Back in Time glitch. The game then places you in the same map that you saved in before doing the Back in Time glitch in the exact X, Y, and Z coordinates of the Bird Statue that you Saved at in Back in Time Skyloft. For example, if you Save at the Bird Statue at the entrance of the Lanayru Mining Facility and then do the Back in Time glitch. Then you Save at the Bird Statue between the Knight's Academy and the Training Academy and start your Back in Time save file. You will then end up atop the walls you see out of bounds from atop the giant statue there after climbing the ladder on its front. You will now be in a MASSIVE out of bounds area rather than being placed right in front of the Bird Statue that you saved at that's right in front of the giant statue. This out of bounds area is where the X, Y, and Z coordinates of the Bird Statue in Back in Time Skyloft match in the Lanayru Mining Facility's entrance.
- You can do this ANYWHERE there is a Bird Statue, so there are a lot of different possibilities. ZeldaSpeedRuns.com as an almost complete list of all of this glitch's possibilities.
- This can be done in the outside world, in rooms, or even in dungeons.
- If you Wrong Warp in certain areas in certain dungeons, you can end up in a different room in the dungeon that you have not been able to enter earlier. You can skip certain Small Keys in certain dungeons or even certain Boss Keys in certain dungeons by doing this in certain locations! In these cases, this glitch can be very useful!