Twilight Princess Glitches - Cave of No Ordeals
- A very early print run of the US Wii version of the game (2006 probably).
- Access to the Cave of Ordeals.
- Do the first room as normal.
- Do the second room as normal.
- Without leaving the second room, put out the torches at the top of the room using the Gale Boomerang. (This can be done anywhere in the room.)
- Enter the third room.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 for each subsequent room that has torches at the top of it. When these steps can't be repeated, do the rooms normally, then repeat the steps when once again possible.
Also note that steps 2 and 3 are interchangable, and step 3 can still be done if you haven't jumped off the entry ledge of the third room.
Due to a game testing routine that was accidentially left in the earliest copies of the US Wii version, putting out the torches in a room will open the door on the next floor down--for example, the torches in room 2 opening the door in room 3. This allows the player to skip most of the Cave of Ordeals and still reap the benefits.
As this testing routine was not intended to actually appear in the game, this was quickly fixed and doesn't appear in the Gamecube version. The bug also doesn't appear in the Japanese and PAL Wii versions, nor on later print runs of the US Wii version; likewise, the bug is also not present in the Korean version of the game.