Wind Waker Glitches - Physics-Defying Pear
- The bridge on Outset Island must still be there (in other words, you can't have visited the Forsaken Fortress).
- You need the Bait Bag and a Hyoi Pear in it.
- Head for the rope bridge at the top of Outset Island.
- Position yourself near the hole in the bridge, and closer to the outer edge of the bridge as possible.
- Equip a Hyoi Pear to Y, Z, or X and use it.
- Once in control of the seagull, press R to return control to Link.
During the transfer of control from the seagull back to Link, the bridge will return to its neutral position as if Link were not on it. If enough of Link was put underneath the bridge's neutral position as control transfers, the rest of Link will fall through the bridge and into the water below. If not enough of Link ends up under the bridge's neutral position, Link's position will be reset to stand on the bridge properly.
The HD remake's physics engine has been enhanced to the point to where the game remembers the positions of Link and the bridge at all times, even during the return of control to Link, thus preventing him from being able to fall through the bridge in that version.