Tri Force Heroes section?
I really don't know wether there are any sysops or admins still active sometimes, but if there is, it would be a nice idea to add it. I already have found a few glitches myself, although some may get patched due to expectable updates because there already is NPC dialog data for DLC. -Miven|My Talk Page|Posted on: 09:18, 14 November 2015 (UTC)
- Done. Xen
- Okay, thanks. Nice to know there are more people still checking this place out like me. Also, Nintendo has announched a new update to TFH yesterday including a new stage and 2 new outfits to launch in december.
Glitch generator not working
Main page 'games part'
The Games part of the main page really should include A link between worlds now, as it only includes the other games for now, so is anything going to happen with this or what? Images are already here now so I thought it would be a good idea to start doing this, but you can call me wrong, any progress on this anyway? -Miven|My Talk Page 12:30, 16 April 2014 (EDT)
I just recently stumbled on some pages which described a in-game area, and also pages about what kind of glitches can be done in a specific area. So I wondered why these pages are here, and if they're unused, why not remove them?Miven (talk) 18:07, 9 November 2013 (EST)
- If you are referring to the "Glitches by Area" thing, it was an idea/project started by Curly but never finished. I'm not too sure whether or not this project will be continued; however, if it doesn't get continued within the next year or so, then I will consider it dead and will delete it. Xen (talk) 18:24, 9 November 2013 (EST)
Glitch of the Moment proposal
I think that the Glitch of the Moment area of the Main Page should be updated biweekly. This would make the site look more active than it is, possibly bring in more members, and help the wiki overall. The Link to the Past 21:14, 22 November 2010 (UTC)
- Updated biweekly, huh? I am actually planning to replace this section with a featured glitch section once (if) I get a new front page up and running. But until then, a biweekly or weekly glitch of the moment seems to be a pretty sound idea. Anyone else have any thoughts on this? Zafum 05:16, 26 November 2010 (UTC)
- Sounds good to me. I think biweekly is better than weekly since there's only a handful of glitches that can be featured. --death99 13:20, 26 November 2010 (UTC)
- There, it should be fixed now. - Zafum 15:00, 1 July 2011 (CDT)
Pages and Counting
We should really give an award out to the people who create every hundredth page here on ZC. Like some picture or be mentioned on the front page with something like "User Glitching Legacy has created the 1000th page on ZC! See the page he created here!". Replace "here" with the link of the 1000th page. Just a thought. I came up with this idea when I saw that we are almost at 1000 pages now-we're currently at 980. And by picture, I mean sort of like the ones you get for User of The Month, but a different picture of course since it's a different award. Glitching Legacy (talk) 21:54, 2 April 2013 (EDT)
I am sure that most of us know that there are many glitch pages that are not linked and listed on the appropriate page. Maybe we could add a category to the Glitch Generator that is something like: Glitches Needing Links, or something like that. Then we can remove that once it is linked and listed. I think this would help us get as many glitches listed as possible. What do you guys think? SLogan (talk) 22:58, 10 November 2013 (EST)
I noticed that the site(with that, I mean the whole domain of jaytheham.com) broke down quite a few days ago. I guess I'm not speaking for myself if I say that I would like to know what happend excactly.
The domain renewal didn't roll-over automatically as it should have, and because I wasn't expecting any trouble there was a delay before I realised there was a problem and got it sorted. Zcwikiadmin (talk) 03:36, 17 June 2014 (EDT)
Swarms of possible spam accounts?
I noticed that alot of accounts(with the exception of wolflink3, I suppose) are being created with quite random names, is it just me or are they just for spamming reasons? As I haven't seen these do anything except being created.(Again, I'm not talking about Wolflink3)
- Looks like I need to change up the registration questions since they getting past them now... Xen (talk) 14:05, 29 June 2014 (EDT)
I think Main Page or Help:Contents should have a link to Special:RecentChanges so that when someone notices a possible improvement to a page and writes about it on its talk page, it will be more likely to quickly get attention. In addition to that, Zelda Chaos shouldn't assume its users already know how to edit Wikipedia and should have a page like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Teahouse/Questions or https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:TWA/Portal to help people learn how to edit Zelda Chaos. Timothy (talk) 01:16, 16 November 2015 (UTC)
- Help and Recent changes are both linked to in the Navigation section of the sidebar. Zcwikiadmin (talk) 20:05, 16 November 2015 (UTC)
Helping speedrunning research
Zelda Speed Runs Wiki is a website that's trying to help people speedrun Zelda games, but it hasn't been contributed to enough to be very good at doing that. I think maybe speedrunners are meant to be able to read all the pages that one of the pages Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, or Twilight Princess links in order and from that, figure out a new route of that game that they think might be faster and test it to see if it's faster. I think a lot of the people who have the skill to improve Zelda Chaos really well might also have the skill to improve Zelda Speed Runs Wiki really well. Timothy (talk) 01:21, 18 November 2015 (UTC)
I'm having alot of difficulties when accessing the site lately, it takes pretty long for the site to actually load. I need to reload the site just to access it. After accessing the site, I don't have problems though. Am I the only one having this?-Miven|My Talk Page|Posted on: 14:24, 25 November 2015 (UTC)
- You aren't the only one. I've seen it from time to time, but unfortunately, it's outside my and/or the site's control. If I could, I would have upgraded the wiki which would have supposedly brought in better performance, but it seems upgrading it massively slows it down from the tests I've seen on this site. So we're pretty much just stuck with what we got, in terms of speed and responsiveness. Xen (talk) 20:40, 27 November 2015 (UTC)
- The site runs on a basic shared server, so resources are limited. It would be nice to upgrade it but I don't really want to spend the extra money on what is just a hobby, when it's already good enough most of the time.Zcwikiadmin (talk) 19:53, 29 November 2015 (UTC)
- I guess that's true, and I still can access the site, so it's not that much of an problem. -Miven|My Talk Page|Posted on: 06:39, 30 November 2015 (UTC)
- I Just experienced what I suppose you were talking about, it took about 30 seconds for a couple of pages to load. While I was waiting for them though I tested some other non-wiki pages from my site and they all loaded straight away, so I guess the reason is simply the complexity of the wiki software/data. I see there are things we could try (https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Performance_tuning) which _might_ make some difference, but as the speed problem isn't consistent it might not help either. Zcwikiadmin (talk) 19:39, 7 December 2015 (UTC)
The Legend of Zelda : Breath of the Wild section?
I think this is self-explanatory. With the new game lunched, there are tons of new glitches to add here, which could make the wiki a bit more alive as well. I don't know if admins are still active but that would be pretty great if we can have that :)